About Me

My photo
New mum. Seeing what life has to throw at me. Relationships, babies, silly things. Lets see

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mothers groups/ chat groups.

I was very disappointed that they no longer have mothers groups. I remember when mum had my brother and off she went each week to a different mums house to enjoy mummy conversation, play time/ social interaction for their children and do forth. But the budgeting for these groups has been cut, leaving mums without this great program.
So when we had our child health nurse visit, she mentioned the child health organization where holding a chat/morning tea group at the community health center.

So along Morgan and I went, we have been going every Monday since Morgan was 4 weeks old. It is great to have other mums to talk to, and to compare as get good advice. The babies range from 3months to 7months in our group. The youngest are all starting to "talk" to each other and love watching the older babies try to crawl and try to talk.

I really wish the mothers groups still existed, but for now I really enjoy theses 2 hour sessions and making to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment