About Me

My photo
New mum. Seeing what life has to throw at me. Relationships, babies, silly things. Lets see

Monday 11 June 2012

Time out just for mumma.

Must sit for half hour. Not do housework. Just sit.
I find myself wanting the house clean but between baby, partner working two jobs and just generally not having enough hours in the day. Also entertaining a brother on school holidays. But if I do this every time Morgan naps I find myself burning out.

So during her afternoon nap, I let me furry animals in for a cuddle (as they live outside all the time now, something they are not overly keen on. But for health and safety reason it had to happen) a cup of tea and some rest.
This is something I had to learn to do. I would worry about what people would think if they turned up and the dishes were not put away. Or if John had not got the chance to make the bed. But then by the time Morgan would wake again I would find I had not rested and would be so tired.

So the key to me being a happy mumma in the afternoon is sitting just for a little while, listening to some VERY loud purring and a nice cup of tea.
Aimee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment